Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Toronto in June

Once again, a little trip to Canada was mandatory before taking off for my home town! Question of good timing I had a couple of days off and was able to get to Toronto on Friday 29th. What was weird though is that for once my plane wasn't delayed, and Lyly got stuck in the traffic, therefore coming late, which is really unusual :)! She picks me up and we're off to her place to get some rest and change for my job interview. Of course I packed up a suit and a couple of shirts so she could help me choose the best one! A few hours later, we're heading for the subway to meet up with Virginie and Pierre, the girls will stay at home while the guys carry out the interview around a pint or two! After the interview we got a big treat from Virgine eating great food from Toulouse's region with some wine and headed back home for a well deserved rest.



The next morning we were off to the Island and spent it picnicking on a sunny day, sprinkled with some rain to keep us fresh. On the way back, we stopped at the movies and enjoyed the latest die hard.





Sunday finally was the big trip to the Niagara Falls, so we packed and set off trying to get there as fast as possible. Unfortunately, another 10, 000 souls had the same thought we did and we ended up getting to the falls in 4 hours. After the impressive, rather wet view from the Maid of the Mist and gorgeous pictures taken of this huge waterfall, we went to a brasilian steakhouse )also known as a churrascaria) to get our bellies full with tasty meat. Because of my "gourmandise" we missed most of the fireworks over the falls (it happened to be the Canada Day on July 1st, Independance Day for the ignorants or Bastille Day for the French), and we had to hit the road again back to Toronto...








Monday was a big day since Lyly made me a surprise and took me to see the U-20 Soccer World Cup, which was awesome! We got to see all those future "cracks" and couldn't but admire their skills and endurance, can't wait to see them in the european championships!




My time was up on Tuesday since I had to come back to NY, but it was definitely a great couple of days together, which hopefully will bring some more!

No comments: